Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Ekta Kapoor: 'No reality shows for me!'

By Hindustan Times

NEW DELHI, March 13 -- After 18 years in the industry, and producing over 50 TV shows, producer Ekta Kapoor says that she doesn't want to re-enter the realm of reality shows, despite rumours that she is planning one with a leading channel.

Ekta's earlier ventures into reality TV, Kabhi Kabhii Pyaar Kabhi Kabhii Yaar (Sony Entertainment) and Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket (9X), attracted more criticism than accolades. "We put too much drama into these shows, and even today, regardless of what anyone says, I'm proud of them!"

Ekta says. "We took baby steps into the reality show scene with these two shows. Today, I know that I can do better, but I am content narrating stories about the common man in my movies and TV shows. The audience connects with them better, and that is what matters," adds the 36-year-old.

Ask her about recent rumours doing the rounds, about her launching a third reality show, and she says, "Producing a reality show takes a certain kind of expertise and I don't think I have it right now. In the midst of my ongoing projects, I don't have time to run through new formats, and think about how to execute them."

Ekta is currently on a high after actor Vidya Balan won a National Award for her Award for her performance in the the film The Dirty Picture, that Ekta produced. "It proves that the human side of any story, combined with an actor's honest effort, can make or break a project," she says.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment