Friday, March 8, 2013

SHIA LABEOUF CALLS HIMSELF 'HUSTLER' AND ALEC BALDWIN 'CHIEF' IN BIZARRE EMAIL THREAD

Shia LaBeouf Wages a Twitter War with Alec Baldwin
Such big egos, such little self-control. Shia LaBeouf is prolonging his cyber-war with Alec Baldwin, which began last month and continued when they exchanged barbs in a Twitter kerfuffle earlier this week. The two actors had been set to star together in the Broadway playOrphans, until LaBeouf decided to leave the production last month. Then, just earlier this week, he tweeted something that apparently ticked off Baldwin. The ex-Transformers star wrote, "theater belongs not to the great but to the brash." Baldwin quickly tweeted in response, "I can tell you that, in all honesty, I don’t think he’s in a good position to be giving interpretations of what the theater is and what the theater isn’t."
Now LaBeouf has responded to Baldwin’s reply by upping the cyber ante. He’s released screengrabs of a private email exchange with a mysterious individual named “Sulyboy,” who’s either someone who’s a big fan of Ottoman sultan Suleiman the Magnificent or Orphans directorDaniel Sullivan. It’s probably Daniel Sullivan. These appear to benotes from a director to his actor about what to expect in terms of the behavior of his even bigger-name actor co-star: "Don't be too surprised if Alec doesn't look up from his script much for the first few days. I suspect he's not nearly as prepared as you are. Not unusual at all when actors have a good long rehearsal time like we have. I just don't want it to throw you. I did a reading of another play once with Alec and about 10 minutes in I thought, 'Oh, I guess he's just going to read it.'"
In another exchange between LaBeouf and Baldwin himself, the 30 Rock star indicated that he was “so f***ing tired.” That drew a smug response from LaBeouf: “I’m a hustler. I don’t get tired. I’m 26, chief.” Then Baldwin replied, “Listen, boy. I'm not your f***in' chief. You got that? Ha. Hahahahaha. Let's go." Sullivan himself then responded this exchange with, "I thought it was a very good first. Even if Alec never looked up."
Right… so that clears that up. Can you read between the lines of this very publicly aired dirty laundry?

No comments:

Post a Comment