Friday, March 16, 2012

Saif turns ‘choreographer’ for Agent Vinod

By Hindustan Times

Actor-producer Saif Ali Khan, who’s gearing up to perform at producer Ekta Kapoor’s award show, Global Indian Film and TV Honors, tonight, says he’s choreographed a couple of dance steps for his chartbuster Pyaar ki pungi… from Agent Vinod. “The audience will witness the other side of Agent Vinod’s character in this song,” he says.

When asked what kind of reactions have come his way for his ‘performance’ in the song, the 41-year-old says, “Lot of people have told me it’s unlike what they think and it’s not what I usually do. I made up a couple of steps. It was spontaneous. When I heard the beats, I came up with a few moves and the choreographers liked them. So we have kept the moves in the actual video.”

The father of two adds that he’s extremely happy with the way it has finally turned out. “It was something really new for me,” says Saif, who plans to run the full song when the end credits roll.

At the moment, the actor is excited about his stage performance, though not too many people would be aware that it’s not his first. He performed at a popular award show a couple of years ago.

“I can’t remember the exact number of years since I performed last. Earlier, there were loads of world tours that were a lot of fun to be part of. I’ve done a couple of live performances and I enjoy them,” says Saif, adding, “It peps up the act if the songs chosen for your act are great.”

Saif’s last film as a producer came a couple of years ago. Given the gap between the two productions, and the genre he’s ventured into this time, is he nervous about the reactions for Agent Vinod? “There’s positive buzz about the film.

So I’m hoping the opening will be great,” says the actor. “If this film works to the audience’s and my satisfaction, then I would love to produce a sequel.”


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment