Thursday, March 8, 2012

Madhuri Dixit to unveil her wax statue at Madam Tussauds!

By Hindustan Times

Mumbai, March. 2 -- On March 6, actor Madhuri Dixit will fly to London to unveil her wax statue at Madam Tussauds the following day. The museum already houses the lookalikes of Bollywood actors Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.

Though a contract prevents her from divulging details about what her 'double' will be wearing, the actor herself plans to go 'desi' since she will be representing India. "It's flattering to be the chosen one and it makes all the hard work that went into a career spanning two decades worth it. Everyone at home is looking forward to a weekday for a change," says Madhuri.

Her sons, Arin (9) and Rayan (7), along with husband, Dr Sriram Nene, will accompany her to London, but her parents, Shankar and Snehlata Dixit, will not make the eight-hour trip. "As much as I'd like them to be with me on my big day, I know they are too old to travel that far. Besides, London is really cold now and I don't want them to fall ill," Madhuri reasons, adding, "So, I'll just take their blessings before I leave. Thanks to technology, we can mail them pictures within minutes of unveiling the statue, so they will virtually be sharing the moment with me."

Her boys are particularly excited and can't wait to see their mother's wax twin. Madhuri had planned to surprise them, but an announcement on TV stole her thunder. "As soon as th announcement was made, Arin and Rayan were wondering if my double would look exactly like me and if they'd be flying out to London too," she laughs.

"Well, they have the answe to the second query by now but as far as the first one goes, it is still a surprise waiting to be unwrapped." Meanwhile, Madhuri insists that she hasn't signed any new film yet. Talk of her working in the Indira Gandhi bio-pic, a Malayalam remake with Akshay Kumar and sequels to Fashion (2008) and Ishqiya (2010) are nothing but idle gossip. "I'm in talks for a couple of projects, but the ones mentioned are not on the list," she says. "All I can tell you at this stage is that you can expect some announcements soon."


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment