Sunday, March 4, 2012

I’m making a sci-fi film: Omi Vaidya

By Hindustan Times

Actor Omi Vaidya tasted success with his debut film — 3 Idiots. Now, Chatur, Vaidya’s screen name from 3 Idiots, is planning to turn director. “I am very interested in science fiction and wrote a script in that genre. It’s a sci-fi thriller. It will be a heavily plot-based film. Of course, I will
‘Bollywoodise’ it,” he says, adding, “It’s a small budget film and will go on the floor by the end of the year hopefully.”

So, will he cast any of his co-actors in his directorial debut? “I certainly will. But they won’t be high-profile stars. Rather, they will be character actors, who are quite talented. I can’t reveal any names yet.”

Now that Vaidya has been working in Hindi cinema from some time, has he become comfortable with the language? “I’m pretty comfortable in Hindi. I think my Hindi is as good as that of a 5th-6th standard student,” he says.

Vaidya has even tried his hands at reality TV. He anchored Zee TV’s Chhote Ustaad in 2010. “I did the show because it was about kids and I love children.

Sometimes, I feel my maturity is at their level,” he says. However, Vaidya feels Indian TV still has a long way to go. “Indian TV soaps are all about the present. They don’t think about the future unlike the West where they make expensive shows that are high on quality,” he muses.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment