Sunday, March 4, 2012

Can’t do stand-up comedy: Mahima Chaudhary

By Hindustan Times

After working on the film Gumnaam, in 2008, actor Mahima Chaudhary had nearly disappeared from the industry and public memory. However, she made a comeback of sorts last Saturday as Sachin Pilgaonkar’s co-judge on the kiddie stand-up show, Chote Miyan Season Three on Colors.

“Domestic responsibilities kept me away. My daughter is five years old now. Back then, she was too tiny for me to leave her with someone. Now, she’s a big girl, and I know I can take time off to do my own thing,” says Mahima, adding, “The reason I took up this show is because it doesn’t have a crazy schedule. And being at work doesn’t seem like work. I’m surrounded by children. and it’s fun.”

She admits she has received offers from many reality shows, but explains that she didn’t accept any, either because the concepts didn’t work or the schedules were too demanding. Here, she doesn’t shoot for more than two or three days in a week.

“I know nothing about comedy. These kids can give anyone a run for their money. Their acts blew my socks off,” she says, adding, “I’m a motherly judge. I can’t chop off their marks cunningly. So, I usually mark the kids with help from Sachinji. He has helped me develop better perspective.” So, does she plan to hop on to the ha-ha brigade and join a reality show as a contestant? “I’m not cut out for that,” Mahima giggles. “Before I started judging this show, I thought I could pull of comedy. But after seeing them, I have to admit, I’ve lost the confidence to put a stand-up act together.”


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment