Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I am taking a break from comedy: Akki

By Hindustan Times

Post the release of comic caper Housefull 2, actor Akshay Kumar says he will be taking a break from comedy to concentrate on action films and serious cinema.

In the Capital to shoot for Neeraj Pandey's multi-starrer Special Chabbis, the 44-year-old, who began his film journey with action films like Khiladi, Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi and Mohra, said he was dying to do action for the past seven years.

"There was too much of comedy from my end. Even I got bored of them. For the past seven years, I was craving for a serious and full-fledged action film but I was loaded with comedy.

"Action is something with which I have started my career and it gave me the platform to become a star. I enjoy doing them and now for sometime I will stick to this particular genre.

"After Housefull 2, my next two releases - Joker and Once Upon a time in Mumbai 2 are hard core actions. I am happy that the action man is back," Akshay told PTI.

In the past few years, Akshay has been seen in numerous comedy films like Welcome, Singh Is Kinng, Housefull and Tees Maar Khan.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment