Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sachin rates his own commitment and scores 100/100

Mirpur: Sachin Tendulkar may have had to wait close to a year to achieve the historic feat of scoring 100 international centuries but the delay was certainly not due to any lack of effort, with the star batsman giving himself a mark of "100 out of 100" in terms of effort and commitment.

"There is one thing I can put my hand up and say that I am 100 percent sure about my effort and commitment. If they were lacking, then there would have been a question mark but in those areas in my book, I scored a 100 out of 100," Tendulkar told reporters here on Saturday.

The 38-year-old batsman said he was sure that the 100th century would come and it was just a matter of not taking things for granted.

"It is all about belief. I knew it will come but it was important that you don't take things for granted and keep working the way you usually do. Scoring runs and not scoring runs will always come across and it is part of a career and you can experience that when you have played long enough.

"I was pretty confident about what I was doing and the technique was right and I had the right people around me and I want to thank them," the legendary batsman said.

Tendulkar said that at one level, he could find a connect with Roger Federer considering the his wait for the World Cup was just like tennis legend's wait for his elusive French Open title.

"I don't know obviously what Federer had gone through but I am sure it was tough. I would not compare my 100th century with the French Open, rather it would be the World Cup. I had to wait 22 years and that wait was much longer."

After completing his century, it was a sense of relief for Tendulkar for achieving a feat that could remain unconquered for years to come.

"I have to admit I was relieved. This is now out of the way and I can start a new chapter. It was possibly the toughest phase of my life. There was so much hype and attention about the 100th hundred.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment