Monday, March 19, 2012

Kalki Koechlin to play tomboy in Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani

By Hindustan Times

She took the classy route for last year’s blockbuster Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (ZNMD). And now Kalki Koechlin is set to don a desi avatar in Wake Up Sid (2009) director Ayan Mukerji’s next, Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani (YJHD). She stars alongside Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone in this Karan Johar
production.

“Ayan narrated the script to me about a month ago. So by my standards, I’ve jumped into doing this movie very quickly. In fact, I am very nervous right now because I am suddenly going to work hard after a quite some time,” she says.

Kalki says Daayan will go on the floors only by mid April. “Isliye main aaram se baithi hui thi ghar pe (so I was chilling out at home). But now, all of a sudden, I will be working on two films at the same time. It’s going to be a bit hectic, but I am happy that I am doing YJHD,” she says, adding that she is going to meet

Ranbir and Deepika in a couple of days.Ask Kalki what her role is and she says, “I can’t reveal much at the moment, but it’s a very desi and tomboyish character. Also, it’s very different from how I was seen in ZNMD. In Zoya’s film, I played a posh south Mumbai girl, but YJHD will have me in a very happy-go-lucky avatar. I am sure this movie will surprise people.”

She isn’t worried about the presence of stars like Ranbir and Deepika in the film. “If you look at my body of work, you will realise that I am the last person to want the lead role. I have done Shaitan, which was an ensemble film, while My Friend Pinto saw me in a small role. I believe in doing diverse performances, so it’s not about the size of the role, but the quality of it,” says Kalki, who is also excited about Vishal Bhardwaj’s Daayan.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment